Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Travel Writer- a Mystery by Jeff Soloway

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of 

Anyone can participate. just do the following.
Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t  give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from my current read, The Travel Writer- a mystery by Jeff Soloway. I am reading the Kindle edition which was released June 3, 2014 by Alibi.

Travel writer Jacob Smalls has just accepted from his ex-lover Pilar Rojas a 2 weeks all expenses paid trip to the hotel where she is PR agent in exchange for him to write a positive piece on the hotel and poke around casually about Hilary Pearson's disappearance. 

"If I was to learn anything in Bolivia about Hilary Pearson's disappearance, I needed first to gather as much information as I could in New York, from those who knew Hilary best. I gave an extra shake of food to my pet turtle for good luck, and then flicked my computer to life and began my research in the modern style: in my underwear, online." Location 149

Advance praise for the novel:
“Travel doesn’t  just broaden the mind; it can also get you killed. Sassy, cynical Jacob Smalls is an ideal guide for journeying into unknown territories.”—Christopher Fowler, author of the Peculiar Crimes Unit Mystery series

So far I've been enjoying the book. It's been kind of quirky and I hope that continues.

What's your teaser? Please leave a link or the teaser in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. A new series! Sounds like it might be a fun one.

    Mine is from an ongoing series by Michael Connelly: http://wp.me/pZnGI-aU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by Michael Connelly yet, but I like the way your teaser kind of sums up the character. Thanks for coming by and sharing!

      Delete
  2. Ha - do people really sit in their underwear? Makes you think!

    Mine today is from The Prayer Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice teaser. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a mystery I'd enjoy. I like the New York and Bolivia settings.
    My Teaser is from WHERE OR WHEN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds reflective from your description yet potentially passionate. Hope it speeds up some for you. Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Haha, sounds like the start of a fun mystery. That is quite the modern way of researching, I so approve. lol, thanks for sharing!
    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed your teasers too. Thanks for coming by and sharing!

      Delete