Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Bryant & May and the Burning Man by Christopher Fowler


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of A Daily Rhythm
Anyone can participate, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read and open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
If this week's selection looks familiar it's because last week's selection also came from the same book. I haven't quite finished it yet even though I am enjoying it.

During a departmental meeting the following exchange occurred:

"Well thank you for that cheerful summation of the week's events," said Land. "I'll just go and gas myself. Or perhaps I'll go up the Gherkin with a machine gun and wipe out all of the protestors."

"Raymundo, you're sweating," Bryant pointed out. "Are you all right?"
60% through on my Kindle


If you're like me, even though I had seen this building on television and in the movies before, I didn't know it was nicknamed the Gherkin. And in the book there are protesters in the vicinity of that building. Thus Raymond Land's comment "Go up the Gherkin with a machine gun and wipe out all the protestors." 

What's your teaser today? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. He sounds quite disturbed by recent events. The meeting must not have gone well. I am definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your teasers are interesting as well. I was not at all familiar with The Dew Breaker

      Delete
  2. He's being sarcastic, right? I hope so! Certainly gets your attention, though. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is exaggerating just how bad he feels. It does get your attention. You have an interesting teaser as well.

      Delete