Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Armchair BEA 2016: Introduce Yourself

It's time for Armchair BEA 2016. Today's blog topic is: Introduce yourself.

1. What name do you prefer to go by? Laura

2. How long have you been a book blogger? I started book blogging in 2011, but it took me a while to get to posting on a regular basis. 

3. And yes, I have participated in  Armchair BEA before.

Do you have a favorite book? Yes, actually more than one. And it varies depending on what's going on. Currently my favorite is Dreams Underfoot by Charles de Lint. It's a collection of urban fantasy stories.

What is your favorite genre and why? Again this varies a little from time to time. Currently my favorite genre is urban fantasy. I like the juxtaposition of things that are magical or paranormal with a current setting.

How do you arrange your books? Is there a rhyme or reason? I worked in a library before and have a tendency to group my books loosely by topic or genre. Fiction is close together on my shelf with subdivisions for genre. Nonfiction is grouped together. And I try to keep it by topic as well. Right now in my house I have very little shelf space, but I still try to keep up the arrangements.

If you could choose 3 characters to have lunch with, who would they be and why? It's tough to come up with just three. But today I would say: Jilly Coppercorn from Charles de Lint's Newford stories, Donald Shimoda from Illusions by Richard Bach, and maybe Biff from Christopher Moore's Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment