Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #226: Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Rose Marshall died in 1952 in Buckley Township, Michigan, run off the road by a man named Bobby Cross—a man who had sold his soul to live forever, and intended to use her death to pay the price of his immortality. Trouble was, he didn’t ask Rose what she thought of the idea.

It’s been more than sixty years since that night, and she’s still sixteen, and she’s still running.

They have names for her all over the country: the Girl in the Diner. The Phantom Prom Date. The Girl in the Green Silk Gown. Mostly she just goes by “Rose,” a hitchhiking ghost girl with her thumb out and her eyes fixed on the horizon, trying to outrace a man who never sleeps, never stops, and never gives up on the idea of claiming what’s his. She’s the angel of the overpass, she’s the darling of the truck stops, and she’s going to figure out a way to win her freedom. After all, it’s not like it can kill her.

You can’t kill what’s already dead.


Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire is due to be released June 2018 from DAW. It's the first in a series called Ghost Roads.

Why am I waiting on this one? I just started reading the InCryptid series by Seanan McGuire and Rose is one of the characters she drew on in the book. I understand from researching that this book is more new to me than new. This is a new edition. The first edition was released in 2014. Still, I find the premise interesting and am looking forward to reading the book. I'm not crazy about the cover though.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

14 comments:

  1. I would really likelto read this one as well. I haven't read any of Seanan McGuire's books before, but I think I would really like them. As this is the first in a series, it seems like a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one book by her so far and I enjoyed it. So I am looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  2. Seanan McGuire is one of my faves. I LOVED this book and am really excited that there's gonna be a sequel. Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Your pick looks good too. Hope you love it when you get to it!

      Delete
  4. I need to get my hands on some of this author's work! I've been really curious about his Wayward Children series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of the Wayward Children books yet, but I hope you have a chance to look into them soon. The InCryptid book I read was really good.

      Delete
  5. This sure sounds FASCINATING, Laura!! GREAT pick!! As for the cover, it does look a little "busy". I would have toned it down somewhat. There are just TOO many things going on there.

    I had not heard of this book before, but now I'm going to add it to my Goodreads shelves! Thanks for sharing!! :) :)

    Thanks as well for commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New editions are always fun! Plus the cover is super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes new editions are even better. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Ohh great pick, this book is new to me I have never heard about it before until now. And it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance too read it. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete