Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #91: Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. 


This week I'm waiting on Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep. Due out July 28, 2015 from Pocket Books, it's #13 in her Elemental Assassin series. The series features Gin Blanco aka the assassin known as Spider. 

Synopsis from Goodreads.com:
Keep your friends close but your enemies within stabbing distance.

One important lesson I’ve learned in the assassination business is that to be the best you have to roll with the punches. Now that I’m queen of Ashland’s underworld—by default, not by choice—a lot more punches are being thrown my way. But I suppose that’s the price of victory for taking down some of the underworld’s top dogs. Good thing I have my Ice and Stone magic to help me survive my volatile new position. Just when I think things are finally settling down, someone tries to murder me during a hush-hush underworld meeting. But the real surprise is how strangely familiar my shadowy assailant seems to be.

My job is to maintain order among killers, crooks, and thieves, and soon I’m embroiled in a bloody game where the ability to keep secrets could be the greatest superpower of all. My enemies have all sharpened their knives and laid their traps, waiting for me to fall. But this Spider weaves her own webs of death.

Why am I waiting on this book?
I am a fan of urban fantasy. And this series has been good so far. I can only hope that this book will live up to the rest. 

What book are you waiting on this week? Leave the title or a link in the comments so we can check it out. Happy Reading!

16 comments:

  1. I read the first few books from this series but stopped when I heard there were more to come.
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few now. So, if you liked the series there is more to read now. This doesn't say it's the series ender though, so who knows how many more there will be?

      Delete
  2. I like that cover. And have not read this author. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to read this series ages ago and for some reason I never kept up with it, but I can't remember why now. Hm. Maybe I should pick it up again, this does sound good. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/06/17/waiting-on-wednesday-the-whispering-skull/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably gotten better as it's continued. I haven't read the early books yet and will get to them. I picked up the series about 3 books or so ago.

      Delete
  4. I haven't started this series yet but wow, I can't believe she's up to book #13! Hope you enjoy it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And on top of this series she just started another new YA series.

      Delete
  5. She is so prolific! I remember when she just first came out. We had a ton of her bookmarks in the store. She's really lovely too in person. My Wow is so predictable for me. I adore YA reads. Happy Reading! Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that you got to meet her. This is at least as good as her newest YA series. Hope you love yours too!

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy urban fantasy, and I've heard this author mentioned by several people recently. Maybe I should give one of her books a try! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And if you give her a try I hope you enjoy it too!

      Delete
  7. i haven't ever heard of this series, but I do hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. I've liked the past few books, so I'm hoping this one will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first I've heard of this one and it sounds good.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that I've read in the series so far has been good.

      Delete