Friday, February 6, 2015

Review: The Cursed by Heather Graham

Published May 27th 2014
by Harlequin MIRA
What if you could see ghosts? And not just the ones that haunt your house, but other ghosts as well? Hannah O'Brien is used to seeing Melody and Hagen, the house ghosts, but is surprised when the ghost of a man murdered outside her house appears to her asking for help.

Hannah runs a bed and breakfast in the house she grew up in in Key West. Special Agent Dallas Sampson decides to take a room after realizing that Hannah might be in danger from whoever killed his friend, Jose, also an FBI agent.

Hannah calls her cousin Kelsey who is also an FBI agent and a member of a special unit referred to as The Krewe of Hunters. This special group all have some kind of special insight or ability to see things that most people don't, like ghosts.

The case in the present is linked to a missing piece of treasure from the past. They need to find the treasure, but more than that they need to find out who killed Jose and who is a danger to Hannah and them all.

The characters are almost equally strong. Hannah is a little weaker than the rest which makes Dallas want to protect her all the more. Her weakness is understandable considering she is the only one in the group who is not an FBI agent. Still, she is a pretty tough cookie.

It's a good book. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. My only complaint was that there was no clue as to where the treasure was and I think there should have been a little more foreshadowing. There were plenty of surprises. This isn't the first Krewe of Hunters book that I've read. This one is 12th in the series. I haven't managed to read all of them yet. I would recommend the series to those who like romance with their mysteries and enjoy the paranormal aspect as well.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased opinion.


3 comments:

  1. I love ghost stories, and this one looks good, although I've never read anything by Heather Graham before. Thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time stopping by your blog, and just wanted to say I loved the title you picked. Raspberries are awesome :)

    Anyways I haven't read a ghost story in ages! This one looks interesting though.

    ReplyDelete