Sunday, March 29, 2015

2015 - 2016 Georgia Peach Awards for Teen Readers Nominees Are:


Are You Experienced  by Jordan Sonnenblick
Caged Warrior  by Alan Sitomer
A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Fake ID  by Lamar Giles



Faking Normal  by Courtney Stevens
Far from You by Tess Sharpe
Free to Fall  by Lauren Miller
Girls Like Us by Gail Giles
Hostage Three by Nick Lake


I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Jackaby  by William Ritter
Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
Phoenix Island  by John Dixon


Say What You Will  by Cammie McGovern
The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos
We Were Liars by E.Lockhart
What I Thought Was True  by Huntley Fitzpatrick
When I Was the Greatest  by Jason Reynolds

From this list, one award book and two honor books will be chosen. Any predictions? I can't really say because I've only read one of the books on the list so far, Jackaby. Add your predictions or discussion to the comments. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I've only read one book on this list and that was Faking Normal, which I thought was very well done. It dealt with a difficult subject matter and was written very emotionally. As for who I think will win - I predict We Were Liars b/c it's been getting a ton of praise & it's a literary contemporary which seems to win awards, like Eleanor & Park, last year's winner.

    I really want to read Jackaby. Did you enjoy it?

    I'm a new follower :) Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the contemporaries winning.The previous year the winner was The Fault in Our Stars, but the year before that was Divergent. So there is some variety possible. As for Jackaby, yes I did enjoy it. My review for Jackaby is here Followed back. =0)

    ReplyDelete