Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - Dinner with Buddha by Roland Merullo


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can participate, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read and open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

The book often has a meditative quality and is full of lessons for the character Otto Ringling and by extension the readers. In the first part, Otto is speaking. At the end, Rinpoche is speaking. The two of them are on a trip around the west, sight-seeing and taking  Rinpoche to different speaking engagements. And Rinpoche is facilitating Otto's spiritual growth at the same time. The quote is from an ARC and may be different in the final edition. The book is due out June 2, 2015 from Algonquin Books. The bread maker in the example was his sister who makes horrible bread.

From page 241:

"I see. I think if you'd used a different bread maker, a different end product, the message would have hit me harder, but I get the message. The bread of my meditative life has risen, maybe, and that part was quite exciting, but I shouldn't think about eating it quite yet."

My spiritual guide reached across the table and squeezed me hard on the upper arm. "Wery good my friend."

What's your teaser this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment