Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Shadow Burns by SM Reine


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Purplebooker.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
 Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Whether or not I wanted to deal with it, I was going to have to find out how Isobel had died. And I was going to have to do it while she haunted my apartment and grieved for herself.
~p. 163

Shadow Burns is the fourth book in SM Reine's Preternatural Affairs series. Agent Cesar Hawke is the one speaking. And Isobel isn't a ghost. Or a zombie. They really aren't sure what her status is. 

Shadow Burns was published September 24, 2014 by Red Iris Books. As novels go, it's on the short side. I gave it 4 stars out of 5. I find I really enjoy the characters in this series, especially Agent Cesar Hawke. And the series is loaded with action. 

What's your teaser this week? Share it or a link in the comments. Are you enjoying your book? Let us know! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment