Sunday, October 1, 2017

Review: The Ninja's Illusion by Gigi Pandian

The Ninja's Illusion (A Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery Book 5)The Ninja's Illusion by Gigi Pandian

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed The Ninja's Illusion. As with her other Jaya Jones mysteries, Gigi Pandian makes the country the characters are visiting, its culture and pertinent history accessible and interesting.

There are 2 different mysteries at play. One involves the magicians; the other involves history. Each mystery is captivating in its own way. The mysteries begin even before Jaya has left the States for Japan. I found myself caught up in the book. There were a few lulls, but overall there is more action than not. Even during the lulls, the plot is moving forward, which is as it should be.

The characters are interesting and likable. And there is a good variety of characters. The story about the kitsune who has become a magician's assistant brings an exotic flavor to the plot. I liked that it was up in the air for much of the book as to just how much of a mischevious spirit fox she really was.

Overall, it's a well-written mystery made even better by Pandian's treatment of the location and culture. The history that is blended in makes the reading a richer experience. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC copy of the book from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions herein are my own and freely given.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment