Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #242: Summoned to Thirteenth Grave by Darynda Jones


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Expected publication:
January 15th 2019 by St. Martin's Press
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Grim Reaper Charley Davidson is back in the final installment of Darynda Jones’ New York Times bestselling paranormal series!

Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper extraordinaire, is pissed. She’s been kicked off the earthly plain for eternity – which is the appropriate amount of time to make a person stark raving mad. But someone’s looking out for her, and she’s allowed to return after a mere hundred years in exile. Is it too much to hope for that not much has changed? Apparently, it is. Bummer.

She’s missed Reyes and her daughter, Beep, but now that she’s back on earth, it’s time to put to rest burning questions that need answers. What happened to her mother? How did she really die? Who killed her? And are cupcakes or coffee the best medicine? It all comes to a head in an epic showdown between good and evil in this final smart and hilarious novel.


Why am I waiting on this one? It's the last book in the Charley Davidson series. I'm curious to see how Darynda Jones will wrap everything up. I'll be sorry to see the series end. I've been enjoying the characters, the humor, and the plotlines. And even though it comes out in January of next year, I am still eagerly awaiting it.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, this series is ending?!? I hope it’s a fabulous finale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting it will be. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the Charley Davidson series, but they sound like fun! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Charley Davidson series is fun. Thanks! I love your pick this week as well. Retellings from East and South Asia sound good and different. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. I loved the first two in this series, but need to re-read them if I ever plan on continuing. I remember really liking Charley. 13 books huh? That's a pretty long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long run, but they've been fun reads. Hope you enjoy your science fiction pick this week!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great book and series. Enjoy reading this one!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick sounds like a satisfying fantasy read. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great series! Thanks for sharing.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been really curious about this series and am glad to hear you are enjoying it. I will definitely have to check it out! Have a great week, Laura!

    ReplyDelete