Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #264: In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This is the story of a very serious young girl who would rather study and dream than become a respectable housewife and live up to the expectations of the world around her. As well she should.

When she finds a doorway to a world founded on logic and reason, riddles and lies, she thinks she's found her paradise. Alas, everything costs at the goblin market, and when her time there is drawing to a close, she makes the kind of bargain that never plays out well.

For anyone . . .
 


In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire is due out January 8th, 2019 from Tor.

Why am I waiting on this one? I've been wanting to start this series. I've seen this one listed as being a prequel and a standalone. I'm wondering if I can start with this one or if I need to start with the first book in the series and work my way to this one. Either way, I would like to read it. I wonder what kind of a bargain she makes at the goblin market and how it will work out. 

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Just say the name Seanan McGuire, and I am there. I don't even have to know what it is about. Although, I suppose it helps to know if it's a series book so I can make sure I'm reading the series in order . . . (It's good to know this one can be read as a stand alone.) But that's beside the point! It's Seanan McGuire! I hope you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just "discovered" Seanan McGuire over the past year and I'm loving what I've read by her. Hope we both enjoy this one!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this author, I’ve read so many great things. I definitely want to try out this series and I hope you enjoy this read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy what you read as well!

      Delete
  3. Your WoW looks good too! I like the nice piece of amber on the cover. Hope you enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete