Friday, December 14, 2018

Review: Dinner Party by Tracy Bloom

Three couples take turns hosting a monthly dinner party. The three women have been close friends for a long time. Their husbands aren't as close. Unexpectedly there is an unattached male introduced into the group at one of the dinner parties by one of the husbands. The interactions at that dinner party and afterward for up to a year make up the story, the good and the bad.

The book bills itself as a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy. I didn't find it so funny. It seemed more of a dark kind of comedy to me. Overall, I give it 3 out of 5 stars. I liked it enough to read on to find out what happened to the characters, but not enough to seek out other books by the same author.

Dinner  Party by Tracy Bloom was released September 26th, 2018 from Bookouture.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions herein are my own and freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment