Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #276: Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings

From Goodreads:

In this new installment in the No. 1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves . . . 
My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.
And a coyote shapeshifter . . . And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.
Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.
The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.
But we are pack, and we have given our word. We will die to keep it.
Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs is the eleventh Mercy Thompson novel. It's due out May 7th, 2019 from Ace.
Why am I waiting on this one? I've really enjoyed the Mercy Thompson series so far. Storm Cursed looks good to me. It seems like it picks up on events from book #9 which was definitely open for follow-up events. The fae are tricky in the world of Mercy Thompson. This definitely spells trouble for her and for the humans who think they can treat with them. I am so looking forward to reading this one.
What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Here is my post for this week- https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2019/03/cant-wait-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will be a good read. Hope you enjoy your pick too!

      Delete
  2. I need to catch up but I love this series dearly. I think I'm only three behind counting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of this series. I saw this is available on NetGalley. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series if you enjoy urban fantasy. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  4. I'm so behind on this series. I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I am one behind too. But it's such a good series. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  5. Awesome!! I really need to get caught up with this series!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how many people need to get caught up. It's such a good series though. Your WoW looks good too. Rooting for the girls!

      Delete
  6. I've yet to read this series but I do like the Alpha and Omega.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I haven't started the Alpha and Omega series yet. It's on my TBR list. If you like it, I think you will enjoy this series as well.

      Delete