Sunday, April 14, 2019

Quickie Review: Southern Lady Code by Helen Ellis

Helen Ellis believes in following the code: "If you don't have something nice to say, say something not-so-nice in a nice way." In this collection of essays, this works well for her most of the time. And it can be pretty funny.

 For me though, it wasn't all funny. I found the essays to be a mixed bag. Some were funny, some not at all. There were definitely some good lines, but not enough for me to love the collection. I liked it, but didn't love it. I gave it 3 stars out of 5. It's worth a read. It's entertaining, but I wouldn't go out of my way to read it again. For me, the synopsis from Goodreads was funnier than the book. It might tickle you differently.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions herein are my own and freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment