Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #301: The Night Country by Melissa Albert


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From Goodreads:

The highly anticipated sequel to Melissa Albert’s beloved, New York Times bestselling debut The Hazel Wood!

In The Night Country, Alice Proserpine dives back into a menacing, mesmerizing world of dark fairy tales and hidden doors. Follow her and Ellery Finch as they learn The Hazel Wood was just the beginning, and that worlds die not with a whimper, but a bang.

With Finch’s help, Alice escaped the Hinterland and her reclusive grandmother’s dark legacy. Now she and the rest of the dregs of the fairy tale world have washed up in New York City, where Alice is trying to make a new, unmagical life. But something is stalking the Hinterland’s survivors―and she suspects their deaths may have a darker purpose. Meanwhile, in the winking out world of the Hinterland, Finch seeks his own adventure, and―if he can find it―a way back home...


The Night Country by Melissa Albert is expected to be published January 7th, 2020 by Penguin.

Why am I waiting on this one? It's the sequel to The Hazel Wood. I'd like to know what happens next to Alice and Finch. Can Finch find a way back home? And will Alice survive? I want to see how this part of the fairy tale wraps up.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your WoW picks look really good and different. Hope you enjoy them both!

      Delete
  2. Pretty cover. Maybe this will inspire me to read the first one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was good. It was a little darker than I anticipated, but still good. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

      Delete
  3. I am kicking myself for not having yet read The Hazel Wood. I was so excited when that first came out, and there it sits on my TBR pile. I really want to read this one too now. I hope you love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you love the Hazel Wood when you get to it too. Have a good weekend!

      Delete