Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #319: The Age of Witches by Louisa Morgan


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From Goodreads:

In Gilded Age New York, a centuries-long clash between two magical families ignites when a young witch must choose between love and loyalty, power and ambition, in this magical novel by Louisa Morgan.

In 1692, Bridget Bishop was hanged as a witch. Two hundred years later, her legacy lives on in the scions of two very different lines: one dedicated to using their powers to heal and help women in need; the other, determined to grasp power for themselves by whatever means necessary.


This clash will play out in the fate of Annis, a young woman in Gilded Age New York who finds herself a pawn in the family struggle for supremacy. She'll need to claim her own power to save herself-and resist succumbing to the darkness that threatens to overcome them all.


The Age of Witches by Louisa Morgan is expected to be published April 7th, 2020 by Redhook.

Why am I waiting on this one? I'm a big fan of witch books. And I want to see how this one plays out. Plus I find the setting time-wise to be interesting.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments.so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this one as well! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice picks on your post too. I'm especially interested in The Game. Hope you enjoy both of your picks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You have some really nice picks too! I particularly liked All Your Twisted Secrets. Hope you enjoy them all.

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to add this to my wishlist, it sounds really good!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I added your pick to mine. I've been meaning to check out that series. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added your oick to my TBR. I also saw it on another blog. We must have good taste. ;)

      Delete
  5. I love witch books too, so I'll this one to my tbr. I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy your pick as well. Thanks for hosting Can"t Wait Wednesday!

      Delete