Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #329: A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From Goodreads:

Lesson One of the Scholomance

Learning has never been this deadly

A Deadly Education is set at Scholomance, a school for the magically gifted where failure means certain death (for real) — until one girl, El, begins to unlock its many secrets. There are no teachers, no holidays, and no friendships, save strategic ones. Survival is more important than any letter grade, for the school won’t allow its students to leave until they graduate… or die! The rules are deceptively simple: Don’t walk the halls alone. And beware of the monsters who lurk everywhere. El is uniquely prepared for the school’s dangers. She may be without allies, but she possesses a dark power strong enough to level mountains and wipe out millions. It would be easy enough for El to defeat the monsters that prowl the school. The problem? Her powerful dark magic might also kill all the other students.


A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik is due to be released on September 19th, 2020 from Del Rey Books.

Why am I waiting on this book? I find the concept of this school interesting. And it seems that El has power beyond what most of the students have at that school. I'd like to see how she uses it and how she manages to get through the school. What kind of friends will she make? What challenges will she face? What does she hope to gain from this school?

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments.so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I am eager to read this one as well. I've been wanting to read more by Naomi Novik and I really like the sound of this one. I hope you love it when you read it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read this author before. I'm fascinated with the idea of this school. Should make for an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am definitely liking the sounds of this -- El's dark magic was an unexpected addition I liked, and the monsters make me so curious about the school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books set at magic schools, so this is going on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited about this too, and I'm anxious to read something else by Naomi Novik:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really got to try something by this author! Her books all sound so good. Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete