Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #346: Ariadne by Jennifer Saint

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From the publisher:

A mesmerizing debut novel for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Ariadne, Princess of Crete, grows up greeting the dawn from her beautiful dancing floor and listening to her nursemaid’s stories of gods and heroes. But beneath her golden palace echo the ever-present hoofbeats of her brother, the Minotaur, a monster who demands blood sacrifice every year.

When Theseus, Prince of Athens, arrives to vanquish the beast, Ariadne sees in his green eyes not a threat but an escape. Defying the gods, betraying her family and country, and risking everything for love, Ariadne helps Theseus kill the Minotaur. But will Ariadne’s decision ensure her happy ending? And what of Phaedra, the beloved little sister she leaves behind?

Hypnotic, propulsive, and utterly transporting, Jennifer Saint's Ariadne forges a new epic, outside the traditional narratives of heroism and glory that leave no room for women.

Ariadne by Jennifer Saint is expected to be published May 4th, 2021 by Flatiron Books.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like stories based on mythology. This one sounds interesting in that it's based on Greek mythology,  but told from the woman's point of view.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book! I love the synopsis.

    This is my first time being on your site, and I love your blog name and formatting. It's really eye-catching!

    My post: https://steppingstonesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2020/10/cant-wait-wednesday-cabin-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Thanks for coming by and checking it out. Your pick this week, Cabin Girl, looks like it will be an interesting read. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I LOVED Circe, so I'll look out for this one - thank you for sharing, Laura:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Circe yet, but I've got it in the queue on my Kindle. Hope we both enjoy Ariadne!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! That's such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like your picks too, especially The Ravens.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Your pick is new to me too. It's tempting. Hope too enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen this one before but it does sound great. I really need to read Circe too. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete