Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #356: Red Wolf by Rachel Vincent

 


Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


This high stakes, pacey reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood is perfect for fans of Stephanie Garber and Megan Spooner.

For as long as sixteen-year-old Adele can remember the village of Oakvale has been surrounding by the dark woods—a forest filled with terrible monsters that light cannot penetrate. Like every person who grows up in Oakvale she has been told to steer clear of the woods unless absolutely necessary.

But unlike her neighbors in Oakvale, Adele has a very good reason for going into the woods. Adele is one of a long line of guardians, women who are able to change into wolves and who are tasked with the job of protecting their village while never letting any of the villagers know of their existence.

But when following her calling means abandoning the person she loves, the future she imagined for herself, and her values she must decide how far she is willing to go to keep her neighbors safe.


Red Wolf by Rachel Vincent is due out July 20th, 2021 from Harper Teen.


Why am I waiting on this book? I like reimaginings and retellings of fairy tales. This one sounds like it has an interesting approach with the women being shapeshifting guardians. I'm wondering why it is such a challenge to the main character and how she will resolve the problems.


What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. I love reimaginings as well, and this one sounds so interesting! I'll have to check it out, and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some great picks this week. I'm drawn to Cathedral of Bones. Hope you enjoy when you read them!

      Delete
  2. I do love a good reimagining. This sounds fascinating! On the TBR list it goes. I'd love it if you'd come see what I'm waiting for. https://theplainspokenpen.com/cant-wait-wednesday-the-broken-spine-by-dorothy-st-james/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to add your pick to my TBR. I too love a good story about libraries, librarians, or bookstores.

      Delete
  3. I love a good Retelling and Red Riding Hood seems to pop up a lot. I love the look of this one because it has a bit of a twist. Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/01/cant-wait-wednesday-everybody-has.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick looks like a good place to start learning more about making podcasts.Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I like re-imaginings too. And I really like the twist to this one with the women being wolf guardians. I would like to read this one too! I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you enjoy all three of your picks when you get to them!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're picks are both different yet have some similarities. Going to check out Wings of Ebony.

      Delete
  6. I love the sound of this one - I'm always a sucker for an effective retelling:)) I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the sound of your pick too. Happy Reading!

      Delete