Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #358: All the Murmuring Bones by A.G. Slatter

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

For fans of Naomi Novik and Katharine Arden, a dark gothic fairy tale from award-winning author Angela Slatter.

Long ago Miren O'Malley's family prospered due to a deal struck with the mer: safety for their ships in return for a child of each generation. But for many years the family have been unable to keep their side of the bargain and have fallen into decline. Miren's grandmother is determined to restore their glory, even at the price of Miren's freedom. A spellbinding tale of dark family secrets, magic and witches, and creatures of myth and the sea; of strong women and the men who seek to control them.

'A story as gorgeously gothic as its title. This is a novel of blood and bones, of salt and silver, of an absolutely haunting richness. I was compelled from the very beginning and held rapt to the end.’
Kat Howard, author of An Unkindness of Magicians

All the Murmuring Bones by A.G. Slatter is expected to be published March 9th, 2021 by Titan Books.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like fairy tales. I'm curious about this too because it's described as gothic. I want to know how far Miren's grandmother is willing to go. And I want to see what Miren will do.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. This looks so good!!! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/01/cant-wait-wednesday-fat-chance-charlie.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover to this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, Laura. I love fairy tales too--and Gothic novels. And magic. I hope you enjoy this when you read it. I'm adding All the Murmuring Bones to my own wish list now.

    ReplyDelete