Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #381: Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire

 


Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From the publisher:

In Where the Drowned Girls Go, the next addition to Seanan McGuire's beloved Wayward Children series, students at an anti-magical school rebel against the oppressive faculty

"Welcome to the Whitethorn Institute. The first step is always admitting you need help, and you’ve already taken that step by requesting a transfer into our company."

There is another school for children who fall through doors and fall back out again.
It isn't as friendly as Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.
And it isn't as safe.

When Eleanor West decided to open her school, her sanctuary, her "Home for Wayward Children," she knew from the beginning that there would be children she couldn’t save; when Cora decides she needs a different direction, a different fate, a different prophecy, Miss West reluctantly agrees to transfer her to the other school, where things are run very differently by Whitethorn, the Headmaster.

She will soon discover that not all doors are welcoming...

Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire is expected to be published January 4th, 2022 by Tordotcom.

Why am I waiting on this book? I've read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them. This is book seven. I need to catch up. If it's anything like her other books, it will be well written and worth reading. 

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I've really got to read something by this author! I think I was able to download a few free ones from Tor.com recently, so I just need to jump in! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tor.com was where I got the first book in the series. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I really need to read this series! I've really good things. Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy your pick too. It sounds like it will be perfect for you.

      Delete
  3. Interesting series. I deeply enjoy fantasy books. So much so that I have become so used to the concept of magical schools that I never bothered to think about the concept of anti-magical schools. I'll have to learn more about Seanan McGuire's books. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it interesting that she wants to transfer from the magical school to what sounds like the opposite. Hope you enjoy your pick soon. Cliffhangers can be hard.

      Delete