Sunday, April 10, 2022

Book Review: The Book of Magic by Alice Hoffman

 

Magic happens whether you want it to or not. Sally doesn't want anything to do with magic and especially the family curse. She raised her daughters this way. They had no idea what was going on when the curse activated. And that opened a Pandora's box of events. 

I looked forward to visiting with these characters. I was not disappointed. I pretty much loved them all. I liked that many, if not all of them, experienced growth in this book. 

Parts of the book were slower than others, but it suited the story. By the time you get to the end it was flying. 

I liked the continuation of the difference between the Owens natural magic and the darker magic that was found in the book. And I liked the way the author tied up all the loose ends in the series in this finale.

I gave this book 5 stars. I enjoyed reading it and will miss the characters. If you have read other books in the series and enjoyed them, this one is a must read. If this is your first book in the series: it could be read as a standalone, but reading the other books first will make it a richer experience. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment