Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #515: Time-Marked Warlock by Shami Stovall

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings

From the publisher: 

Adair Finch is the most powerful warlock in the world, and one of the best private investigators for hire.

He has dealt with corporate vampires, murderous werewolves, and even fae royalty. Everything was perfect until he lost one case—the case where he also lost his brother.

So Finch retired. From magic. From PI work. From everything.

Bree Blackstone, a twelve-year-old witch, doesn’t know or care about any of that except Finch’s reputation. In the middle of the night, she bangs on Finch’s door. Her mother has been murdered, and now the assassin is after Bree as well.

Reluctantly, Finch agrees to help, only to discover something sinister has been brewing in town while he ignored the world… He’ll need to dust off all his old skills and magic before it’s too late.

"If The Dresden Files and Groundhog Day ever had a baby, it would be Time-Marked Warlock, an urban fantasy with the perfect balance of humor, cozy cantankerousness, and supernatural investigation." - Steven Rowland (Author of Cursed Cocktails)

Time-Marked Warlock by Shami Stovall is expected out August 20, 2024 from Capital Station Books.

Why am I waiting on this book: I like urban fantasy. I have enjoyed what I've read so far of the Dresden Files. I'm wondering how the author will deal with combining the urban fantasy with what sounds like a possible time loop. And I love books with humor. From the blurb, it sounds like it has a lot of humor. I want to know what happens to Bree and Finch.

What book are you waiting on? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists.Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one so much, I've just nicked over to Netgalley to request it:)). Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to put it on your radar. Hope you enjoy it! And thanks for putting The Formidable Miss Cassidy on mine.

      Delete
  2. This is going on the wish list. I just started a series read of The Dresden Files with a friend where we are reading one a month. I've loved the first two so I'm interested in this one because of the comparison. I also love humor in books, especially urban fantasy. Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first 4 Dresden Files Books and some of the short stories. I'm looking forward to the fifth one when I can. Your pick, Little Coffee Shop of Terrors, sounds good too. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete