Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Hexed by Heather Graham

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of 

Anyone can participate. just do the following.
Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t  give too     much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I'm reading The Hexed (Krewe of Hunters #13) by Heather Graham published August 1, 2014 by Harlequin MIRA. One of the things I appreciate most about this book besides that it takes place in the Salem, Massachusetts area is that it gets the history of the area right. So many books take artistic liberties or just don't bother to get the history right and say things like that the witches burned when those that were executed were hanged except for Giles Corey who was pressed to death. So it's interesting on a historical level so far as well.

Now for the teaser from location 1507 on my Kindle.

"He's a good guy, Brent," she said. 
"Don't be fooled just because you think he's hot."
"Brent!"
"Okay, sorry. But friends have to look after friends. and I'm just saying, he leaves after a friend is killed -he comes back and two women are murdered."

What's your teaser this week? Share it or a link in the comments below.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think that sounds suspicious too.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidence? You've got to wonder!
    I'm always delighted when authors get the setting and history right.
    My Tuesday post features BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your teaser sounds interesting. Sounds like there could be some humor in there too with the 80 year old that wants to get married. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. Great teaser! Your book is on my Servants of the Storm is on my TBR List. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'd be careful of that one!

    How about a Christmas cozy mystery to help to cool you down during the summer? Here's my latest teaser: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-christmas-carol-murder-teasertuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. Definitely a good Christmas Cozy. Wondering just what's in that box he's about to open in the teaser. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  5. Seems suspicious to me too... lol... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed your mysterious teaser too. V.C. Andrews Daughter of Darkness

      Delete
  6. ooohh, I've never heard of this book before but that teaser intrigues me~~ I'm gonna go check this one out :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete