Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #270: The Master of Dreams by Mike Resnick


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Opening a new fantasy trilogy from Hugo award winner Resnick, this novel offers an adventure through space and time as Eddie Raven tries to outrun the dark forces pursuing him.

Eddie Raven isn't quite sure what's happening to him--and he's in a race to find out before it kills him.

His adventures begin with a shooting in a very strange shop in Manhattan--but soon he finds himself the owner of a very familiar bar in Casablanca. By the time he adjusts to that reality, he's suddenly become one of several undersized people helping a young woman search for a wizard. And after confronting the wizard, he somehow finds himself in Camelot.

But as he rushes to solve the mystery of his many appearances, a larger threat looms. Because someone or something is stalking him through time and space with deadly intent...


The Master of Dreams by Mike Resnick is due out April 16th, 2019 from DAW Books.

Why am I waiting on this one? I think it sounds interesting the way he is skipping through different literary landscapes. It makes me think of Robert Heinlein's Number of the Beast, but in dreams instead of dimensions. I find myself wanting to know what is happening to the main character.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

14 comments:

  1. Cover looks great and the summary sounds very good. A very familiar bar in Casablanca - am I right that that means the one Humphrey Bogart was in? *smile* Thanks for sharing and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it sounds like to me. Thanks for sharing your Nora Roberts pick. Hope you enjoy it as well!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your pick with the themes of rap music and almost homelessness seems interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. The cover for this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover for your pick is nice too. Hope you enjoy it as she wraps up the series.

      Delete
  4. Sounds cool and I like the name Eddie Raven. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree that Eddie Raven is a pretty neat name for a character. Hope you enjoy your pick as well!

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, Bogart's Bar!! This looks great. Thanks for sharing this - adding it to my long list of want to reads!

    Here's my Wednesday post! Happy Hump Day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your pick too. I don't read many middle grades books, but maybe I will have to make this an exception.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, this sounds really good. I am adding this to my TBR. The cover is also fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the cover on your WoW pick too. And the multicultural aspects make it even more enticing. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. This one intrigues me too. The jumping from one literary world to another has a lot of potential. I haven't read the Heinlein book you mention. You've got me interested in that one too now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing The Night Tiger as one of your picks. Added it to my TBR list. Hope we both enjoy our picks! The Heinlein book is good and interesting. I'm about due for a reread of that one.

      Delete