Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Teaser Tuesday: Summer Knight by Jim Butcher


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Purplebooker.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
 Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

A spark jumped to my finger when my hand got within an inch or three of the doorknob, popping against my skin with a sharp little snap of discomfort. 

I paused. Even with the building's AC laboring and wheezing, it wasn't that cool and dry. Call me paranoid, but there's nothing like a murder attempt in broad daylight to make a man cautious.
(pp. 24-25 on my Kindle)

Summer Knight is the fourth book in the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. It was published September 3rd, 2002 by Roc.

Would you keep reading? What's your teaser this week? Share it or a link in the comments. Are you enjoying your book? Let us know! Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. I just added Storm Front to my wish list. Thanks for the teaser,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Hope you enjoy Storm Front. It got me hooked.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any Jim Butcher yet, but I see him everywhere. Might be time to start reading him!

    Here's our Teaser Tuesday: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2019/02/teaser-tuesday-asylum-by-madeleine-roux.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have two creepy good books. Hope you're enjoying them!

      Delete
  3. Great teaser. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my teaser. Hope you enjoy your book.

      Delete
  4. Haven't read this author yet, but I'm taking good note! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The history book you're reading sounds interesting too.

      Delete
  5. This series is on my want to read one of these days list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished book 4, but I've read some of the short stories based on the series as well. I've enjoyed everything I've read so far. Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

      Delete