Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #283: Fatal Cajun Festival by Ellen Byron


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From Goodreads:

USA Today bestselling and award-winning author Ellen Byron cranks it up to eleven in the fifth fast and funny Cajun Country mystery.

Louisiana B&B owner Maggie Crozat kicks up her heels at a country music festival--but she'll have one foot in the grave if she can't bring the killer of a diva's hanger-on to heel. 


Grab your tickets for Cajun Country Live!, the pickers' and crooners' answer to the legendary New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Maggie Crozat, proprietor of the Crozat Plantation B&B, plans to be in the cheering section when her friend Gaynell Bourgeois takes the stage with her band, Gaynell and the Gator Girls.

The festival's headliner, native daughter Tammy Barker, rocketed to stardom on a TV singing competition. She has the voice of an angel...and the personality of a devilish diva. But Maggie learns that this tiny terror carries a grudge against Gaynell. She's already sabotaged the Gator Girls' JazzFest audition. When a member of Tammy's entourage is murdered at the festival, Maggie makes sure Gaynell is number one on the suspect list.

Gaynell has plenty of company on that list--including every one of Tammy's musicians. Posing as a groupie, Maggie infiltrates Tammy's band and will have to hit all the right notes to clear her friend's name.


Fatal Cajun Festival by Ellen Byron is expected to be released September 10th, 2019 from Crooked Lane Books.

Why am I waiting on this one? I like a good mystery that blends in humor. This sounds like it will be one of  those as it's billed as "fast and funny." Ellen Byron won a couple of Left Coast Crime Lefty awards for best humorous mystery. And she has been nominated for Agatha awards as well. I've read one other book by her and I enjoyed the blend of culture, humor, interesting characters, and mystery. I look forward to more of the same.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I love the setting of New Orleans and how the culture is so rich. I love it when a story has a lot of humor. This sounds like a good mystery! Thanks for sharing!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I agree! A good mystery with humour? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love cozies! I haven't tread this author before, but I think this sounds good. Plus, I wouldn't mind going to a Cajun Country Live! Even if only from my reading chair. I hope you enjoy this one, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply MUST start the series. My pal Stormi loves it and has guaranteed I'll love Gopher - the dog on the cover. Look how cute he is here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gopher is cute. Bonus points because he's a basset. ;0)

      Delete
  5. This series sounds so good! I'm gonna have to try it one of these days. Love the cover too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a fun book (and a fun series!) I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! That dog looks so cute! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete