Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #284: The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From Goodreads:

In the early 1900s, a young woman searches for her place in the world and the mystery behind a magical door in this captivating debut.

In a sprawling mansion filled with peculiar treasures, January Scaller is a curiosity herself. As the ward of the wealthy Mr. Locke, she feels little different from the artifacts that decorate the halls: carefully maintained, largely ignored, and utterly out of place.

Then she finds a strange book. A book that carries the scent of other worlds, and tells a tale of secret doors, of love, adventure, and danger. Each page turn reveals impossible truths about the world, and January discovers a story increasingly entwined with her own.
 


The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow is expected to be published September 10th, 2019 by Orbit.

Why am I waiting on this one? I like the sound of the many doors leading to "love, adventure, and danger." I like that the book she finds seems to be "a story increasingly entwined with her own." I'm looking forward to seeing how the doors play out and how her finding them affects her reality. And I love the cover.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! Such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick has a nice cover too. Love that it gives a feeling for the setting. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I've always loved the name January - probably because it's my birth month. I think this one sounds great and I have good luck with Orbit releases so on to the wishlist it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we both enjoy it! Your pick looks good too. Seems it will be quite a thriller. Hope you enjoy that one too!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds great. I am surprised I haven't heard of it yet. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Wanderlust Adventurist and Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share it. Hope we both enjoy it! And Best Wishes for your new travel blog!

      Delete