Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #310: Spells for the Dead by Faith Hunter


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From Goodreads:

Nell Ingram faces a dark craft known as death magic in the newest pulse-pounding paranormal procedural in the New York Times bestselling Soulwood series.

Nell Ingram is a rookie PsyLed agent, using the powers she can channel from deep within the earth to solve paranormal crimes. Together with her team, she's taken on the darkest magic and the direst foes. But she'll need to tap into every ounce of power she has for her newest case.

Nell is called to the Tennessee mansion of a country music star and finds a disturbing scene--dead bodies rapidly decaying before everyone's eyes. The witch on her team, T. Laine, knows this can only be one thing: death magic, a rare type of craft used to steal life forces. PsyLed needs to find this lethal killer fast. But when a paranormal-hating FBI agent tries to derail the investigation, they find themselves under attack from all sides.


Spells for the Dead by Faith Hunter is book 5 in the Soulwood series. It's expected to be published July 28th, 2020 by Ace.

Why am I waiting on this one? I enjoy reading this series and seeing how Nell grows and changes and how the team grows closer through their experiences. And I look forward to the cover being revealed.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!


9 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with this series, but it sounds interesting! I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with the series you've highlighted either, but it looks interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds great! I'm always on the lookout for good urban fantasy, so I'll have to check out this series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such an intriguing concept! I hope that you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice! I never did read this series, I tried one of her series a few years back but couldn't get into it sadly. Hope you enjoy this one!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I have some of this author's works somewhere on a shelf. Can't wait to see the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hello, this sounds fabulous -- I know of her Jane Yellowrock series, but not this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book and author are totally new to me. But I like the summary. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete