Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #313: You Let Me In by Camilla Bruce


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From Goodreads:

You Let Me In delivers a stunning tale from debut author Camilla Bruce, combining the sinister domestic atmosphere of Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects with the otherworldly thrills of Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

Cassandra Tipp is dead...or is she?

After all, the notorious recluse and eccentric bestselling novelist has always been prone to flights of fancy--everyone in town remembers the shocking events leading up to Cassie's infamous trial (she may have been acquitted, but the insanity defense only stretches so far).

Cassandra Tipp has left behind no body--just her massive fortune, and one final manuscript.

Then again, there are enough bodies in her past--her husband Tommy Tipp, whose mysterious disembowelment has never been solved, and a few years later, the shocking murder-suicide of her father and brother.

Cassandra Tipp will tell you a story--but it will come with a terrible price. What really happened, out there in the woods--and who has Cassie been protecting all along? Read on, if you dare...
 


You Let Me In by Camilla Bruce is expected to be published April 21st, 2020 by Tor.

Why am I waiting on this one? I'm intrigued by the description of a book with the "sinister domestic atmosphere of Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects and otherworldly thrills of Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane." While I haven't read the Gillian Flynn book, I have read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and it was strange yet enjoyable and suspenseful in its own way. I'm also wondering who or what was let in. It sounds like it has real potential to be a page-turner.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. This is a new one to me and I think it sounds like it will be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked your pick this week as well. That's a tough choice the protagonist has to make.

      Delete
  2. Oooh that looks creepy! I haven't read that book either but I did watch the TV series based on it and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a tv program based on it. How interesting! Thanks for sharing that!

      Delete
  3. Both book and author are new to me but I hope you enjoy!

    My It's Wednesday! Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick, Hood, sounds really good. Hope you enjoy it! And June does seem a long way off in January. But, I'm sure we will find some things to read in the meantime.

      Delete
  4. I just recently added this to my wishlist. It sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Hope we both enjoy it. And interesting pick this week with a wintery zombie type book.

      Delete
  5. This is new to me, but it sounds soooo good! I am adding it to my wish list. Thank you for bringing this one to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked your pick of Belle Revolte. It was new to me and I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for coming by and sharing it in your post.

      Delete
  6. I love how macabre ‘mysterious disembowelment’ sounds! Overall, so many bodies and such great potential! I hope it is a fantastic read!

    ReplyDelete