Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #314: Fields' Guide to Pharaohs by Julie Mulhern


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From Goodreads:

Poppy Fields, Hollywood IT girl and super-secret spy, travels to Egypt looking for answers.

But amidst assassination attempts, money launderers, and missing treasure, answers are hard to come by.
Poppy must trust new allies, forgive old wrongs, and find a forgotten pharaoh or the next tomb she enters may be her own.


Fields' Guide to Pharaohs by Julie Mulhern is the fifth book in the Poppy Fields Adventures series. It's expected out March 31st, 2020 from J & M Press.

Why am I waiting on this one? I've read the other books in the series and have enjoyed them. Poppy Fields is an interesting character. She's the last person most people would suspect of being a spy. Her persona is a ditzy type, beautiful woman when in reality she is smart, savvy, and stubborn as well as beautiful. She is a capable shot as well. And she is very capable of getting herself into trouble. I'm hoping that "Thor," a Chris Hemsworth look-alike that works with her, will also be in the book. The two of them work well together and have chemistry. There is humor as well as action in this series making it a fun read.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. I can see why your waiting one this one, it sounds really good and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by my CWW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking Poppy out. Hope you enjoy your pick this week as well!

      Delete
  2. Nice pick! Totally new to me one but I hope you will enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I expect I will. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

      Delete
  3. How did I not know about Poppy before? She sounds glorious — what a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sounds of this one. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked your picks as well. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  5. Me too! But, Mulhern's writing has been consistently good, so it's not much of a risk to say it probably will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This does have quite an intriguing concept. I love a good spy story. I hope that this next book in the series lives up to your expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope you enjoy your YA pick this week as well.

      Delete