Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #316: Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Synopsis:

In an unforgettable novel that traces a centuries-old curse to its source, beloved author Alice Hoffman unveils the story of Maria Owens, accused of witchcraft in Salem, and matriarch of a line of the amazing Owens women and men featured in Practical Magic and The Rules of Magic.

Where does the story of the Owens bloodline begin? With Maria Owens, in the 1600s, when she’s abandoned in a snowy field in rural England as a baby. Under the care of Hannah Owens, Maria learns about the “Unnamed Arts.” Hannah recognizes that Maria has a gift and she teaches the girl all she knows. It is here that she learns her first important lesson: Always love someone who will love you back.

When Maria is abandoned by the man who has declared his love for her, she follows him to Salem, Massachusetts. Here she invokes the curse that will haunt her family. And it’s is here that she learns the rules of magic and the lesson that she will carry with her for the rest of her life. Love is the only thing that matters.


Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman is expected to be published on October 6, 2020 by Simon & Schuster. It's available for preorder now.

Why am I waiting on this one? I've enjoyed the other books in the series: Practical Magic and Rules of Magic - a prequel to Practical Magic. I've always enjoyed books about witches. This book is another prequel to Practical Magic. And it's definitely about witches. It's not going out on a limb to think I will enjoy this book too.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I do like a good witch book and this one sounds like it will be! Great pick.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your pick looks good too with fallen angels and all. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. So while I read Practical Magic and thought it was okay, I absolutely LOVED Rules of Magic. I had no idea there was going to be another one! I'm so excited. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone say witches? That alone is enough to get my interest up. I do enjoy Alice Hoffman's writing too though so that's a bonus. 😊 I hope you love this when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy your picks too. They are diverse!

      Delete