Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #339: Tropic of Stupid by Tim Dorsey

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.



From the publisher:

Devoted Floridaphile Serge Storms is a lover of history, so he’s decided to investigate his own using one of those DNA services from late-night TV. Excited to construct a family tree, he and Coleman hit the road to meet his kin. Along the way, he plans to introduce Coleman to the Sunshine State’s beautiful parks where he can brush up on his flora, fauna, and wildlife, and more importantly, collect the missing stamps for his park passport book.

But as the old saying goes, the apple doesn’t fall far . . .  Serge is thrilled to discover he may be related to a notorious serial killer who’s terrorized the state for twenty years and never been caught. Which one of his newfound relatives will be the one to help him hunt down this deranged maniac? Serge doesn’t know that a dogged investigator from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is also hot on the trail.

Then Serge meets a park ranger who’s also longing to make a family re-connection. But all is not as it appears on the surface, and Serge’s newfound friendship in the mysterious swamps of Florida may lead to deadly results.

Finding his own relatives has made Serge understand the importance of family. Of course he’ll do anything to help . . . 


Tropic of Stupid by Tim Dorsey is expected to be published January 26th, 2021 by William Morrow.


Why am I waiting on this book? I like  that it sounds kind of outrageous and funny. Serge seems like quite the character. And I like that there is a bit of a mystery thrown in with the humor.


What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments. so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! That's an interesting cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and sharing your WoW. Hope you enjoy both of your picks!

      Delete
  2. I’ve never heard of this book, but I think I need it in my life. It sounds like a wild and creative story.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what draws me to it as well. Sounds like it might have been fun to write.

      Delete
  3. Haha! I love that title. I've heard good things about Dorsey's books. One of these days, I'll give him a read! I hope you enjoy this one when you get to it! Happy Reading, Laura!

    ReplyDelete