Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Teaser Tuesday: Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero

 



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Purplebooker.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 "No, I mean it, because... You know, it's not like I want to take command or anything; I think we should be a team, make all the decisions together, you know. Reach consent."
 " You mean consensus. "
Page 84 on my Kindle

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero was published July 11th, 2017 by Doubleday Books.

Would you keep reading? What's your teaser this week? Share it or a link in the comments. Are you enjoying your book? Let us know! Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I like the teaser lines you shared, but it does sound quite a deep and dark story if you read the synopsis. Maybe not one I would rush to add to my TBR pile, but never say never!

    I see from Goodreads that you are in the midst of reading the book, I wonder did you check out that alternative cover art, I really like the red and black version, gives the story more authenticity somehow!

    Happy Reading and thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both covers are good, but I think I prefer the one pictured here. That might change by the time I finish the book. It is kind of dark, but it's horror of a short. Supposed to be some satire to it and references to H.P. Lovecraft's mythos. I'll post a review when I'm done. Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a cute one. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete