Friday, February 26, 2021

Book Review: Fantastic Hope edited by Laurell K. Hamilton and William McCaskey

 

Fantastic Hope edited by Laurell K. Hamilton and William McCaskey is a collection of 16 short stories by science fiction and fantasy authors. Some are well known. Others are just starting out. All of the stories are new. Included in the anthology are: Jonathan Maberry, Sharon Shinn, Larry Correia, Kacey Ezell, Griffin Barber, Kevin J. Anderson, John G. Hartness, Patricia Briggs, Robert E. Hampson, L.E. Modesitt Jr, Patrick M. Tracy, M.C. Sumner, William McCaskey, Michael Williamson and Jennifer Schlenker, Monalisa Foster, and Laurell K. Hamilton. 

I rated all of the stories as I read them. All but 3 of them I rated as 4 stars or 5 stars. Those three I rated as 3 stars. My favorites leaned towards urban fantasy, though I pretty much liked them all. My two favorites were the story by Patricia Briggs and the story by Laurell K. Hamilton. Overall, I rate this anthology as 4 out of 5 stars. The stories are engaging and well-written. And most have a positive ending of some sort. 

If you enjoy science fiction and fantasy with a positive twist, then this would be a good anthology for you. It's also a good introduction to a variety of writers. 

Fantastic Hope was published April 7th, 2020 by Berkley Books.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. This did not affect my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment