Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #361: What Abigail Did That Summer by Ben Aaronovitch

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


Ghost hunter, fox whisperer, troublemaker.

It is the summer of 2013 and Abigail Kamara has been left to her own devices. This might, by those who know her, be considered a mistake. While her cousin, police constable and apprentice wizard Peter Grant, is off in the sticks chasing unicorns Abigail is chasing her own mystery. Teenagers around Hampstead Heath have been going missing but before the police can get fully engaged the teens return home—unharmed but vague about where they’ve been.

Aided only by her new friend Simon, her knowledge that magic is real and a posse of talking foxes that think they’re spies, Abigail must venture into the wilds of Hampstead to discover who is luring the teenagers and more importantly—why?


What Abigail Did That Summer by Ben Aaronovitch is expected to be published March 18th, 2021 by Subterranean Press. This is the 9th book in the Rivers of London urban fantasy series.


Why am I waiting on this book? I like that even though this is the ninth book in the series, it sounds like it could be read as a standalone. It might serve as an introduction to the series which could pique someone's interest to go back and read the series from the beginning. I want to know more about Abigail and her posse of foxes. And I want to know what's going on with the teens. I've been wanting to try this author. 


What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with this series, and I'm not one for paranormal, but this sounds neat. Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/02/cant-wait-wednesday-like-home.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and checking out my pick. Yours sounds good. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Love the cover and it sounds good! Hope you get it soon!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a nice variety of picks! I found several tempting. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to check out Ben Aaronovitch's series for so long now, haha, and I'm intrigued that this one sounds like it could be a standalone! Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and checking out my WoW. You have some nice picks. Will be adding some to my TBR list.

      Delete
  4. I knew from the cover and title this was one I might like, and then reading the description--yes, definitely. I haven't heard of this author before--and it's the 9th in the series?! How did I miss this one? I hope you enjoy What Abigail Did That Summer when you read it.

    ReplyDelete