Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #359: The Light of the Midnight Stars by Rena Rossner

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Experience an evocative combination of fantasy, history, and Jewish folklore in this fairytale-inspired novel from the author of The Sisters of the Winter Wood.

"The Light of the Midnight Stars is storytelling as spellcasting. Rossner has conjured something vivid and wild and true.” 
Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Mercies

Deep in the Hungarian woods, the sacred magic of King Solomon lives on in his descendants. Gathering under the midnight stars, they perform small miracles and none are more gifted than the great Rabbi Isaac and his three daughters. 

Hannah, bookish and calm, can coax plants to grow even when the weather is bitterly cold. Sarah, defiant and strong, can control the impulsive nature of fire. And Levana, the fey one, can read the path of the stars to decipher their secrets. 

But darkness is creeping across Europe, threatening the lives of every Jewish person in every village. Each sister will have to make an impossible choice in an effort to survive - and change the fate of their family forever.

The Light of the Midnight Stars by Rena Rossner is expected to be published April 13th, 2021 by Redhook.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like  that the story is supposed to be a combination of fantasy, history, and Jewish folklore. And the idea that it has a basis in fairy tales draws me. I want to know more about the three sisters and their father.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover, and I always love types of folklore and retellings of things I don't know. Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have a nice variety of picks this week. Just about something for everyone.

      Delete
  2. I am adding this to my tbr right now!!! This looks so good!!!! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/02/cant-wait-wednesday-as-far-as-youll.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the main character in your pick. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing Pho Love Story around. It looks good. And Amelia Unabridged looks like it will be both emotional and interesting. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cover and it sounds so good. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your anthology pick has a nice, spooky cover. Cass's pick looks like it will be a fun read. Hope you enjoy them both!

      Delete
  5. Magic, history and folklore are big draws for me too. I hadn't heard of this one before, but I am adding it to my wish list. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice picks. Love at First looks interesting to me. Going to add it to my TBR. Hope you enjoy your picks!

      Delete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I haven't read anything quite like it. I'll definitely be adding it to my list, so thanks for sharing!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and checking it out! Have a good week.

      Delete