Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #364: The Shadow in the Glass by JJA Harwood

 



Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.


A deliciously gothic story of wishes and curses – a new dark fairy tale set against a Victorian backdrop full of lace and smoke.

Once upon a time Ella had wished for more than her life as a lowly maid.

Now forced to work hard under the unforgiving, lecherous gaze of the man she once called stepfather, Ella’s only refuge is in the books she reads by candlelight, secreted away in the library she isn’t permitted to enter.

One night, among her beloved books of far-off lands, Ella’s wishes are answered. At the stroke of midnight, a fairy godmother makes her an offer that will change her life: seven wishes, hers to make as she pleases. But each wish comes at a price and Ella must decide whether it’s one she’s willing to pay…

A smouldering, terrifying new spin on Cinderella – perfect for fans of Laura Purcell and Erin Morgenstern.


The Shadow in the Glass by JJA Harwood is expected to be published March 18th, 2021 by Harper 360. 


Why am I waiting on this book? I' enjoy retellings. This one sounds interesting for two reasons. One is the gothic bent. The second is it's a Cinderella retelling. I haven't run into many of those at novel length, though there are a few I'm aware of including Confessions of an Ugly Step sister by Gregory Maguire.


What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

18 comments:

  1. Ooh, I am very intrigued by the concept for this one. I hope you end up enjoying it!
    My Can't-Wait Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your pick too. The Unbroken sounds like it will be a good read. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. This looks so good!!!! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/03/cant-wait-wednesday-that-way-madness.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your pick, That Way Lies Madness ed by Dahlia Adler. Shakespeare retellings sounds right up my alley. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for this one too! Hope you enjoy it!
    My Waiting on Wed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick sounds really interesting with both paranormal and true crime elements. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ooh. You have some good books picked out!The Seventh Raven really interests me as a retelling. Hope you enjoy them all!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both your picks sound good. I'm drawn to Firekeeper's Daughter. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  6. Shadow in the Glass really appeals to me as well! A gothic re-telling sounds so good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you enjoy your books as well!

      Delete
  7. I love retellings too and I'm a sucker for the Gothic tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And it's kinda a historical as well. I like your pick, Grave Reservations. Adding it to my TBR.

      Delete
  8. I am very interested in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent choice! I have that preordered!! :) Here is mine:https://www.bookishcoven.com/2021/03/waiting-on-wednesday-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added this to my TBR list. Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

      Delete