Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #366: A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow

 


Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

 "A vivid, subversive and feminist reimagining of Sleeping Beauty, where implacable destiny is no match for courage, sisterhood, stubbornness and a good working knowledge of fairy tales." —Katherine Arden

It's Zinnia Gray's twenty-first birthday, which is extra-special because it's the last birthday she'll ever have. When she was young, an industrial accident left Zinnia with a rare condition. Not much is known about her illness, just that no-one has lived past twenty-one.

Her best friend Charm is intent on making Zinnia's last birthday special with a full sleeping beauty experience, complete with a tower and a spinning wheel. But when Zinnia pricks her finger, something strange and unexpected happens, and she finds herself falling through worlds, with another sleeping beauty, just as desperate to escape her fate.

A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow is expected to be published October 5th, 2021 by Tordotcom. 

Why am I waiting on this book? I enjoy retellings. This looks to be an interesting retelling of Sleeping Beauty. I like the recommendation by Katherine Arden who wrote the Winternight Trilogy. And I'm interested in reading something by this author. I think October will be a good month to read this novel.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. I also love retellings! And Katherine Arden is an author I've enjoyed, so her recommendation makes me want to read it as well. Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the interview you posted for this week was very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/03/cant-wait-wednesday-rule-of-wolves-by.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rule of Wolves looks like it will be a good one. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds great, I didn't realize Alix E. Harrow had another book coming out already! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy your picks too. They both sound dark and potentially scary.

      Delete
  4. I've been kinda wanting to trey this writer. I saw one of her previous books and it looked great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Plus fairy tale retelling really brings it over the top for me.

      Delete
  5. I'm in line right behind you to read this one. Maybe I can eve read the two I have on my shelf by here before I get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one on my tbr shelf too. Hoping to get to it this year. Best wishes!

      Delete