Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #372: A Girl Made of Air by Nydia Hetherington

 


Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

A Girl Made of Air is the story of the greatest funambulist who ever lived, a lyrical debut packed with myth, magic and folklore, perfect for fans of Erin Morgenstern and Angela Carter.

Born into a post-war circus family, our nameless start was unwanted and forgotten, abandoned in the shadows of the big top. Until the bright light of Serendipity Wilson threw her into focus.

Now an adult, haunted by an incident in which a child was lost from the circus, our narrator, a tightrope artiste, weaves together her spellbinding tale of circus legends, earthy magic and folklore, all in the hope of finding the child…But will her story be enough to bring the pair together again?

Beautiful and intoxicating, A Girl Made of Air brings the circus to life in all of its grime and glory; Marina, Manu, Serendipity, Wilson, Fausto, Big Gen and Mouse will live long in the hearts of readers. As will this story of loss and reconciliation, of storytelling and truth.

A Girl Made of Air by Nydia Hetherington is expected to be published June 1st, 2021 by Quercus.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like the idea of the blend of circus legends, magic, and folklore. I enjoyed  Angela Carter's books. And I haven't read The Night Circus yet, but it's on my TBR list. So, I am intrigued by this circus tale.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover! And I love circus stories. I'll have to check this one out!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some good titles too. I think my favorite is Lucy Clark Will Not Apologize. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I like novels that blend magic and circuses too. I am adding this to my wish list. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added The Bone Field to my wishlist. I like the Hawaii setting and the mention of legends. Hope you enjoy all your picks!

      Delete