Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #375: Wendy, Darling by A.C. Wise

Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From the publisher:

 Find the second star from the right, and fly straight on ’til morning, all the way to Neverland, a children’s paradise with no rules, no adults, only endless adventure and enchanted forests – all led by the charismatic boy who will never grow old. 

But Wendy Darling grew up. She has a husband and a young daughter called Jane, a life in London. But one night, after all these years, Peter Pan returns. Wendy finds him outside her daughter’s window, looking to claim a new mother for his Lost Boys. But instead of Wendy, he takes Jane.

Now a grown woman, a mother, a patient and a survivor, Wendy must follow Peter back to Neverland to rescue her daughter and finally face the darkness at the heart of the island…


Wendy, Darling by A.C. Wise is expected to be published June 1st, 2021 by Titan Books.


"Neverland is more nightmare than dream... This rich tale of memory and magic is sure to resonate with fans of reimagined children’s stories." Publishers Weekly


Why am I waiting on this book? It picks up after the events of Peter Pan. And it sounds darker in tone. I like that Pulishers Weekly says that people who enjoy reimagined kids ' stories will probably like this book. I'd like to know what happens to Jane. And I'd like to know more about Wendy facing the darkness at the heart of Neverland. 


What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this one. It's not often one sees their name on the cover of a book--at least the first name. LOL This one has me curious too for similar reasons. I hope you enjoy Wendy, Darling when you read it! Happy reading, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Noticed your death theme this week. All three books sound good. Added them to my TBR. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge Peter Pan fan, so I'm really excited about this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I hope you enjoy The Taking of Jake Livingston it sounds interesting!

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about this one. I really can't stand Peter Pan himself but love Hook. I may have to read some reviews first but you piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. I'm curious as to how dark it gets too. Your picks both sound like good summer reading. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete