Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #442: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From the publisher:

Knives Out and Clue meet Agatha Christie and The Thursday Murder Club in this “utterly original” (Jane Harper), “not to be missed” (Karin Slaughter), fiendishly clever blend of classic and modern murder mystery.

Everyone in my family has killed someone. Some of us, the high achievers, have killed more than once. I’m not trying to be dramatic, but it is the truth. Some of us are good, others are bad, and some just unfortunate.

I’m Ernest Cunningham. Call me Ern or Ernie. I wish I’d killed whoever decided our family reunion should be at a ski resort, but it’s a little more complicated than that.

Why am I waiting on this book? I read some reviews of it and coupled with the publisher's description, I decided to add it to my TBR list. The reviews confirm that it reads like a mashup of things in the description. The narrator Ern has dark humor, wit, and snark. It sounds like an interesting, funny at times, locked room type mystery.

Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson is expected out January 17th, 2023 from Mariner Books.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Well, that title will certainly catch your attention! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a quirky, memorable title - thank you for sharing, Laura. I tucked into The Deep End this week and absolutely loved it, so I really appreciated last week's recommendation:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is memorable. I'm so glad you're enjoying Deep End, Sarah. I love the series.

      Delete
  3. That title will suck you right in! I enjoyed Knives Out, so this might be a book that I need to read. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you enjoy your pick, a new Ellen Byron cozy!

      Delete