Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #450: Fire and Rain by Julie Mulhern

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From the publisher: Ellison Jones is used to sirens in the night (unfortunately, they’re usually coming to her house).

So, it’s a surprise when the sirens that wake her from the dead come from across the street.

Nosy neighbor Marian Dixon’s house is on fire.

Luckily, the Dixons are out of town.

Unluckily, there’s a body found in the ashes—a body not killed by the fire.

With Ellison’s husband, Detective Anarchy Jones, investigating, the neighbors are eager for a quick resolution. But a cunning killer has other plans.

Can Ellison and Anarchy uncover the truth, or will their lives (and the rest of the block) go up in flames?

Fire and Rain by Julie Mulhern is the 16th book in the Country Club Murder series. It's expected out April 25th, 2023 from J & M Press.

Why am I waiting on this book? I absolutely love this series. The characters are fun and interesting. And I enjoy reading their interactions. I would call this series of books humorous cozies. My favorite characters are Ellison, Anarchy, and Aggie. I can get a little irritated with Ellison's mother, but in the end she is just the way she is and Ellison still loves her. 

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!


8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun series. I'm always looking for a good cozy mystery. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun series. Her other series of Poppy Fields books are good too. Thanks for coming by and checking it out!

      Delete
  2. This series is new to me. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your WoW, Silver in the Bone, sounds good to me too. Thanks for coming by and sharing your WoW!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read this series for quite some time. I just know I will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of your picks sound great. I love a good witchy book and the vampire one sounds like it takes vampires in a new direction. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  4. It's always fun to anticipate the next book in a series you're enjoying! Hope it's as good as you expect.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/wednesday-memes-21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is. And the books you are waiting on look interesting. I hope you enjoy them when you get to them.

      Delete