Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #478: Aftermarket Afterlife by Seanan McGuire

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings.


From the publisher:

Seanan McGuire's New York Times-bestselling and Hugo Award-nominated urban fantasy InCryptid series continues with the thirteenth book following the Price family, cryptozoologists who study and protect the creatures living in secret all around us

Mary Dunlavy didn't intend to become a professional babysitter.  Of course, she didn't intend to die, either, or to become a crossroads ghost. As a babysitting ghost, she's been caring for the Price family for four generations, and she's planning to keep doing the job for the better part of forever.

With her first charge finally back from her decades-long cross-dimensional field trip, with a long-lost husband and adopted daughter in tow, it's time for Mary to oversee the world's most chaotic family reunion. And that's before the Covenant of St. George launches a full scale strike against the cryptids of Manhattan, followed quickly by an attack on the Campbell Family Carnival.   

It's going to take every advantage and every ally they have for the Prices to survive what's coming—and for Mary, to avoid finding out the answer to a question she's never wanted to know: where does a babysitting ghost go when she runs out of people to take care of?

Aftermarket Afterlife by Seanan McGuire is expected to be released March 5th, 2024 from DAW Books.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like the InCryptid series. I have to admit I'm a little behind in my reading of the series though. Mary Dunlavy is one of my my favorite characters. I love her caring nature. And I enjoy Seanan McGuire's writing.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read this book since the first book came out--it's sitting on my TBR shelf. I have enjoyed other books I have read by Seanan McGuire so will probably like this series too. I hope you enjoy Aftermarket Afterlife when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have some good picks this week as well. Especially interesting to me is the new one by Aiix E. Harrow and the one set in the 1920s. Hope you enjoy them all when you get to them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Your picks look good too, especially Thieves' Gambit. A thieving competition with a wish as the prize sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete