Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #503: The Lost Story by Meg Shaffer

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings

From the publisher:

Inspired by C. S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia, this wild and wondrous novel is a fairy tale for grown-ups who still knock on the back of wardrobes—just in case—from the author of The Wishing Game.

As boys, best friends Jeremy Cox and Rafe Howell went missing in a vast West Virginia state forest, only to mysteriously reappear six months later with no explanation for where they’d gone or how they’d survived.

Fifteen years after their miraculous homecoming, Rafe is a reclusive artist who still bears scars inside and out but has no memory of what happened during those months. Meanwhile, Jeremy has become a famed missing persons’ investigator. With his uncanny abilities, he is the one person who can help vet tech Emilie Wendell find her sister, who vanished in the very same forest as Rafe and Jeremy.

Jeremy alone knows the fantastical truth about the disappearances, for while the rest of the world was searching for them, the two missing boys were in a magical realm filled with impossible beauty and terrible danger. He believes it is there that they will find Emilie’s sister. However, Jeremy has kept Rafe in the dark since their return for his own inscrutable reasons. But the time for burying secrets comes to an end as the quest for Emilie’s sister begins. The former lost boys must confront their shared past, no matter how traumatic the memories.

Alongside the headstrong Emilie, Rafe and Jeremy must return to the enchanted world they called home for six months—for only then can they get back everything and everyone they’ve lost.

The Lost Story by Meg Shaffer is expected out July 16th, 2024 from Ballantine Books.

Why am I waiting on this bookI like that it was inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia. I also like that it is billed as a fairy tale for grownups. I'm wondering why Rafe doesn't remember. And I'm hoping for some sort of a happy ending.

What book are you waiting on? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists.Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really cool and intriguing - I'm adding it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding the author you featured this week, Kate Forsyth, to my tbr. Her books look interesting. I hope you enjoy Psykhe!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! This book sounds fantastic. I am adding it to my tbr too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Laura Childs, but the Peach Tea Smash sounds good. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I adored Narnia so I'll be checking this one out solely based on the comparison alone. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your pick, You Better Watch Out, is definitely not a holiday romance. It should be a nice break from some of what comes up around that time of year. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of your picks sound good too. I especially liked Kill Her Twice. Hope you enjoy them both!

      Delete
  5. That description sold me on The Lost Story too. I can't wait to read it! I hope you love it when you read it, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All your picks sound good, Wendy. You're really making my TBR grow. I'll probably start with Christa Comes Out of Her Shell when I can. Hope you enjoy them all!

      Delete