Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Hollow City by Ransom Riggs



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.
Anyone can participate. just do the following.
Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t  give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Published January 14th 2014 by Quirk Books
This week's teaser comes from Hollow City - the Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children  by Ransom Riggs.

"We sat together and looked into the ice for a long while, at the forms trapped there, blurred and distorted in the darkening light, suspended like ancient eggs in blue amber. We sat, and I could tell from the silence collecting between us that this was going to be a hard conversation - one neither of us wanted to start." p.356

The book picks up where the first one left off. The children are still at sea and on their way to London where they hope to find the last free ymbryne, Miss Wren.  The quotation above is from a scene with Emma and Jacob close to the end of the book.

I'm liking the book. It keeps me turning pages and wondering what will happen to the children and just what will they face next. And the pictures in the book are as interesting as they were in the last one. There seem to be more of them as well.

What's your teaser this week? Tell me about it in the comments or leave a link so I can check it out.

20 comments:

  1. I have the first book on my TBR... and I love the name of your blog :)

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book. And thanks on the blog name!

      Delete
  2. I've seen such a lot about this book I was already intrigued, so good to hear it lives up to the first one so far. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/teaser-tuesday-november-11/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it enough to give it 4 stars out of 5 when I finished it. Loved your creepy teaser!

      Delete
  3. I've been curious about the Miss Peregrine books. They sound fascinating, weird, and unusual. The picture on the cover is certainly strange!
    My Tuesday post features THE LEGACY LETTERS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are weird and unusual, but also a bit of an adventure/thriller. Interesting concept for the book you're reading this week. I like books that read like letters to other people. I just imagine this one could be kind of sad.

      Delete
  4. I just finished the first book this summer. It was definitely interesting! I have this one on my TBR pile as well. Great teaser! Mine is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-nov-11-vision-of-fire-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the cliffhanger ending on the first book, this is a good follow up. Your titles for Tuesday seem like good sci/fi, especially the Gillian Anderson one.

      Delete
  5. This looks so good. I haven't read the first one, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good. It's weird, but in a good way.Warning though, Book 1 has a cliffhanger ending. Good news though, Book 2 picks up where Book 1 ended.

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this series. It sounds like it could be interesting.
    Mine this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-fu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlaine Harris is a good writer. Glad you're enjoying book 3 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The Ransom Riggs books are interesting. They are about a group of "peculiar" children with special abilities in special circumstances.

      Delete
  7. I loved Miss Peregrine's so I definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good and I was glad it picked up where book one left off.

      Delete
  8. This sounds good. The Tuesday memes are so dangerous because it adds to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what you mean. My TBR list just keeps getting longer and longer.

      Delete
  9. I really want to read this, but is it super creepy?

    Here's mine:
    TeaserTuesday@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little creepy in spots, but I don't think it was overly creepy. There are monsters after them of course, but that's to be expected after book one. For me the hollowgasts were the creepiest thing.

      Delete
  10. I remember reading and loving the first book in the series! I really have to get my hands on the sequel!

    Hope NaNoWriMo is going well for you too!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started this series yet, Laura, but I have the first book, and wow, this sounds both a little creepy and quite intense. Thanks for sharing.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete