Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Solomon's Whisper by Sandra Brannan


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.
Anyone can participate. just do the following.
Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t  give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

My teasers come from Solomon's Whisper by Sandra Brannan. It's the fifth book in the Liv Bergen series, released in September of 2014.

"Everyone else has knocked off for the day, except you." He paused for a second before adding, "You know how to eat an elephant don't you?"

I answered with obvious frustration,  "Yes. You've told me.  One bite at a time."

"He" is Streeter, Liv's boss. And the "I" is Liv Bergen an FBI agent. Liv is a bit of a workaholic. She is working 2 cases at this point in the book (40% in on my Kindle). One is a cold case, the murder of her niece Brianna. The other is the murder of a young girl much like JonBenet Ramsey. The teaser comes from 41% through.

So, what's your teaser this week? Leave a link or the teaser in the comments so we can check it out. Happy Reading!


17 comments:

  1. I like stories with strong female characters. This sounds like a book (and series) I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features RAINSHADOW ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your teaser about friends. This series definitely has a strong female character. It's mystery/thriller with a little romance thrown in. Definitely not romantic suspense though.

      Delete
  2. I like her sass and have a feeling he's been persistent. Sounds fun and I like the title too.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/25/teaser-tuesdays-89-rehab-is-for-witches/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like an interesting book. I love reading witch themed books. Imagining them to have a rehab for black magic users is an interesting concept. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think I like the quote well enough to remember it as well as "Not my circus. Not my Monkeys." (Polish saying)

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever read this author, but this one sounds good. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. Hope you have a good week!

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of this series although it sounds great. She doesn't sound like someone to mess with. Thanks for visiting my TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she is too dedicated to be messed with other than in a playful way by those closest to her. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  6. Ha, that's a good line. Looks like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So far so good. Happy Reading to you!

      Delete
  7. Sounds intriguing! I love mysteries, and even more so when the main character is a strong female one :)
    Thanks for sharing, Laura. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the strong female characters too. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  8. Elephant? That sounds like a weird thing to eat! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now we learned how to eat an elephant thanks to this teaser!

    ReplyDelete