Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #250: Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings.

Blurb from Goodreads:

Once, a witch made a pact with a devil. The legend says they loved each other, but can the story be trusted at all? Find out in this lush, atmospheric fantasy novel that entwines love, lies, and sacrifice.

Long ago, a village made a bargain with the devil: to ensure their prosperity, when the Slaughter Moon rises, the village must sacrifice a young man into the depths of the Devil’s Forest.

Only this year, the Slaughter Moon has risen early.

Bound by duty, secrets, and the love they share for one another, Mairwen, a spirited witch; Rhun, the expected saint; and Arthur, a restless outcast, will each have a role to play as the devil demands a body to fill the bargain. But the devil these friends find is not the one they expect, and the lies they uncover will turn their town—and their hearts—inside out.
 


Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton is expected to be released September 18th, 2018 from Margaret McElderry Books.

Why am I waiting on this one? I just love the way it sounds. I especially like the line about how the devil they find is not the one they expect and that it will turn everything inside out.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, you're right. This is a fascinating premise! And I LOVE that cover... I hope you thoroughly enjoy this one - thank you for sharing, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you enjoy your pick as well. I like the cover and the title of your pick, Select Few.

      Delete
  2. I featured this one too! I sooo want to read it! GREAT PICK! I hope we both get a chance to read this one!

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick this week is a nice twist on a familiar tale. Frankenstein through the eyes of a woman taken in by the family. Sounds dark and twisted too. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Great pick this week! This is on my tbr too :) Hope we both love it when we get to read it. Happy reading!!!

    My CWW Pick 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Great minds and all that. Hope we both enjoy it too.

      Delete
  4. This book had me at witch and devil. Sounds dark and awesome. I can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like this one! That cover is quite nice and, of course, it has a witch - I'm very partial to witches. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will read ANYTHING that Tessa Gratton writes, because I love her writing style that much. I remember when she was writing and posting her short stories on The Merry Sister's of Fate right along side Maggie Steifvater and Brenna Yovanoff. Witches, I think, are one of my favorite magical character's because they are mostly human and they aren't really all that supernatural - in the sense that they don't shape-shift or they're not vampires. So, I kind of love this and it's definitely on my TBR. Great pick!

    If you get the chance, come by my blog and check out my Can't-Wait Wednesday post.
    Suz @ Bookish Revelations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already read some rave reviews for this book, and it's on my list too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds amazing, and so creative and has me seriously curious about the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is super high on my TBR, I've only recently read Tessa Gratton's writing but it made me really keen to go back and check out her backlist as well as looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete