Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #480: The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas

 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings.

From the publisher:

A sumptuous Gothic horror for fans of Rebecca and Mexican Gothic.

Hacienda San Isidro was meant to be Beatriz’s haven, her salvation from an oppressive life with her uncle and his vicious wife. When Don Rodolfo Solórzano proposed, Beatriz dreamed only of the security his estate in the countryside would provide, ignoring the rumors surrounding his first wife’s demise and his sinister allegiances. She will have her own home again, no matter the price.

But the house has ideas of its own. Visions and voices claw at Beatriz, stealing her sleep, and the weight of invisible eyes follows her every move. Deep in her bones, Beatriz knows—something is wrong with San Isidro.

Desperate for help, she turns to the young priest, Padre Andrés. Handsome and sympathetic, he seems like Beatriz’s only hope. But as their passions rise and the walls close in around Beatriz, the weight of secrets everyone is carrying may lead them all to their doom.

The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas is expected out October 26, 2023 from Solaris.

Why am I waiting on this book? I like a good gothic tale. I read Mexican Gothic  by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and enjoyed it. The blurb suggests that if you liked that book, you will enjoy this one. I want to know what will happen to Beatriz and how much is supernatural and how much is from the secrets being kept from her. It sounds like the perfect read for this time of year.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I love gothic novels and houses/mansions that are characters in their own right. This sounds so good! I hope it will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And I hope you enjoy all your picks as well. The one about the doppleganger sounds particularly interesting to me.

      Delete
  2. I love this cover and have never seen this edition. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the cover too. I didn't know there was a previous edition.

      Delete
  3. I loved Mexican Gothic - but it took me a while to warm up to mushrooms again. And I think I need something less creepy and dark these days:). I hope you enjoy this one, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. Next up in my queue is a mystery, so a break from the gothic and horror. I am looking forward to it though. Glad you enjoyed the new Benedict Jacka book!

      Delete